Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I have never worked soooo hard in my life!

 
Wow I kind of forgot today was Memorial Day because I have been soooo busy. I have never worked soooo hard in my life! We had 20 lessons with members, 17 other lessons, and 50 contacts! We just kept going from house to house, from door to door and it was amazing to see how Elder Santos works. Being Zone Leader is really tiring but an amazing experience. I haven't gotten to bed on time yet because we always receive calls, or we are planning for the zone, or planning for our area. Last night we went to bed at 12 because we had to do reports. There is soooo much to learn but I am excited to help out and serve the Lord even more.

This area is soooo amazing. We are going to have 2 baptisms in June. The thing with Peru is that the people don't really get married. So it's really hard when people that have been living as a family all of the sudden have to live the Law of Chastity. We just need a little more time with these investigators and it should go well.

Today we spent the day doing a little bit of service.
There are soooo many people to teach here and I can see a lot of success. This coming week though is gonna be hard though because we have a lot of meetings. Tomorrow we are meeting with all the zone leaders and sister leaders in the office. My zone is sweet though. It covers the office and the assistants are in our zone. There are 10 sisters in the zone because this zone is the safest zone. My area is pretty nice, but still dirt roads. All the main roads are paved, but the side roads, dirt. Haha gotta love it. We also have meetings with the stake president where we talk about the problems and struggles of the zone. It is pretty cool to be honest. My companion goes home in 4 weeks and so I am kind of tired of him saying it to everyone that we meet haha but honestly he is soooo hilarious. He got in to BYU Provo and so he will be going in the fall! Cool eh?

Oh I forgot! Since we contacted so much this past week, we found a 19 year old girl named Daisy. We contacted her and she let us teach her. This was Saturday and we just taught her a short lesson. Anyways something that I learned is to always invite everyone to church. At the end of the lesson I invited her and she told me yeah! Yesterday she attended church! That has never happened to me! Just contact someone in the street and the next day they attend church! We are excited to work with her.

A fish dish. I didn't like it too much! Bet your BBQ was much better!
 I hope you guys all had a wonderful Memorial Day. I am excited to be there with you guys next year. I miss all our family holidays traditions.
I love you all. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment