Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, August 12, 2013

What a great last week in Arizona!



I'm really leaving for Peru!!!
What a great week!

I am just going to write a little bit of what happened this past week so that I can answer a few questions and clear things up for tomorrow!

Last P-Day, the Ruelas family threw me a huge barbecue with carne asada, hamburgers, and hot dogs! It was so awesome! Last night, we went over so that I could say goodbye to them. They told me that they were so happy that I was able to teach them and that I could be their missionary! They are so special and I got all of their address information so that I could write them! Their little girl will be baptized this saturday! I am so sad I won't be able to be there because they wanted me to do it. But I am so happy for them and I love them so much.

Also, Joanna Mata and her daughter will be baptized on the 24th of August if everything goes according to plan! Everything went so well this past week with them. We were able to attend the Visitor Center with them and they loved it! Her daughter is 9 years old. After we asked them how they felt, and they told us they are really excited to get baptized (:

Also with Miguel, at first he didn't even believe in God all that much. But we helped him start to pray, and we asked him that once he gets his answer, will he be baptized? And he said yes! Ah! So many blessings and miracles we had this past week (:

Friday we had interviews with the President. He is so awesome and helped me feel so peaceful about Peru, even though I am a little nervous! He gave me some awesome advice and told me that he can see me doing miracles in Peru!

It was such an awesome last week!

Yesterday, The Assistants called me and told me what is going on tonight. They are going to pick me up tonight at 9:00 pm and I will sleep at their apartment tonight. Then in the morning at 5:00am they will be driving me to the airport so I will get there around 6:00am Arizona time so is that 7:00 Utah time? Please write back asap and let me know. My flight is at 7:15am and that is all I know! I have no idea where I will be connecting but I will know tonight! So I guess just be expecting a call around 7:00 Utah time!

Guess what! Elder Winward got his visa as well! I am guessing I will be seeing him tomorrow at our connections! I am so excited to see him again! Elder Quiroz wrote me and said that he saw a bar fight and the people had machetes! I am not trying to scare you! But crazy right? haha anyway I will be calling you all tomorrow (: Oh p.s. I totally packed like a boss today!

Being able to serve here in Arizona has been such a blessing. It has definitely been hard but it has prepared me for what is about to happen. I am so very nervous though. I just do not know what to expect. I do know though that the Lord will be with me by my side. I will also be asking the AP's for a blessing tonight!

That is nuts that you will be ending your cooking job! But I am so excited that you will be doing jobs that you really like! When you told me about your decisions, I felt that it was so right so congratulations mommy (: I am so excited for you guys to go to Tuachan again and see some plays! I am kind of jealous but just get an extra frozen lemonade for me okay? Also good luck on Jordan and Emily finding a house to live! Haha that is so gross that the apartments you checked out were even worse than Raintree!

Well I love you and I will talk to you tomorrow!!!
I love you all.
Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment