Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Thursday, August 1, 2013

ELDER SMITH GOT HIS VISA!!!!

(Post written by Jake's Mom):
When I got home from work today I found a beautiful 9 page letter waiting in our mailbox addressed to me. I sat on the couch and felt like I was having a great chat with my Jake. He poured out his feelings of happines, gratefulness, asked for advice, and was just himself. Soon after his Dad came home from work and I shared the letter with him. I said, "It was so great to hear from Jake, but gosh I wish I could just talk to him. I miss his voice and the long talks we always had." Just then, my phone rang and the caller ID said "Arizona!" My heart leapt and I couldn't believe that it could actually be Jake. I answered and I heard a very familiar, cute, deep voice say, "Hi Mom!" "Guess what! I got my visa today!" He was allowed to call home for 5 minutes to tell us the news and to let us know that he would be leaving in two weeks to Peru. He is so excited and happy to get to go to the country where he knows he was called to serve. However, he is grateful for the 4 months he was able to serve in Arizona, a place that will always be special to his heart. He has much work left to do in the next two weeks and he promised he would work his hardest there until the moment he boards the plane. We are grateful to our Heavenly Father for guiding our son every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment