Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, May 13, 2013

When we pray here we try to pray as if Heavenly Father is right in front of us, listening.

Hey Family (:
I am so happy that I got to talk to you yesterday. You are all amazing people and you really give me the support I need! I feel so blessed to have you all supporting me! I’m glad that you think my Spanish is good but I can only really understand prayers and gospel stuff. I can’t wait to get better at it throughout my mission! It was good to hear that Jordan had the same struggles with Spanish that I have! Haha, I can’t wait for Spanish to come for me too.  I so am happy I get to learn it! It’s actually pretty fun sometimes!

Through my struggles here I have learned so much about prayer. When we pray here we try to pray as if Heavenly Father is right in front of us, listening. I love praying when He is listening! Prayer has increased my faith and has given me a sense of peace!

Last night we went to the Jimenez’s home and explained the sacrament to them because they were a little confused about it when they attended church yesterday. They are so freaking awesome, I just love them! Tonight we have another lesson with them! They are cooking us dinner! Their baptism date is June 8th so hopefully I will still be here so I can go to it.  The Dad (José), the mom (Elva), Lezlie who is 12, and Jazmine who is 10, will all be baptized. The rest of the kids are under eight but they are all so nice and so committed to the gospel. They offer us rides everywhere we go! It's like they are already members, haha, it’s amazing and I am so happy to be a part of this work here in Arizona!  We have like 9 baptisms lined up! (: It’s so awesome to see the promises of my patriarchal blessing coming true. It is so exciting to see the gospel changing people’s lives!  All of my investigators deserve the best!
 
This week we are baptizing a man named Saul. His wife is a member and he has 4 little kids, I just can’t wait to see his life totally change!
Saul's awesome car collection
 By the way, the zone leaders changed our zoo trip to next Monday, so we aren't going today.

Wow that’s crazy about what happened in golf this week! Stupid Tiger! He's such a jerk! Also, OKC better come back and win it all! I want Chicago to win though too, because I love D Rose!

I’m so glad that Jordan was able to attend the priesthood lesson on eternal families! It’s so weird to think that he’s married.  I love them both so much! Also, thanks for the thought on tithing; I will remember it throughout my life. (Tithing isn’t only about money; it’s about faith and obedience.)

Mom, I wish you the best of luck with your jobs and I love that you are so dedicated in your work and in all that you do! Tell Allison that I wish her luck during her ballroom concert! I bet she will make more friends because she really is friendly to everyone that she meets!

I’m so happy that Jordan and Emily were finally able to open their presents! Man, I am so excited for the both of them and I wish them the best of luck in California! 

Mom I actually read that exact same scripture today in my personal studies! 1 Nephi 1:20 "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them Mighty even unto the power of deliverance." I loved it because he gives us little tender mercies everyday! We just need to look for them and be grateful (:

Well, I have already told you about the rest of my week, so you can put it on my blog if you want. It's really hot here and biking everywhere is really hard, but my legs will get big!  I love you all so much (: Sorry that this letter is short, I just don’t know what else to say after such a long phone call yesterday!

Well, Elder Seymour has to go to the chiropractor so I don’t have any more time.
 I love you. He loves you!
 Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment