Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, May 6, 2013

Arizona just seems so right for me

Dear Family,
It's so weird to think that on Tuesday I will be in the field! I am so excited to go to Arizona while I wait for my visa to Peru! I told myself that if my re-assignment would be inspired that it would be to Arizona and sure enough it was!!

Arizona just seems so right for me and I can't wait to go share my testimony and this gospel with other people. I'm also excited to stand out as a missionary of this Church! I can't wait for my skin to get dark, but I'm going to have some nasty tan lines. I'm so very happy about my re-assignment because I love Arizona so much and it will help me focus on being there and not being worried about being in Peru.

The MTC has had its ups and downs. But I'm grateful for my struggles because it has helped me to turn to the Savior and become stronger. I truly know that I can't do anything without His help. This past week I have tried my very best to be an obedient missionary and it helped me to teach with the spirit and feel of the Spirit more.

Last night I met an Elder from El Salvador and I was able to have a normal conversation with him in Spanish and it was so amazing. It's very cool to notice how much the Lord is helping me right now!

A really cool quote I heard here is about a missionary: "Missionary - someone who leaves their family for a short period of time so that others can be with their family forever." That has helped me a lot because I miss you all so much, but I am excited to bless the lives of others. I am grateful for all of you and your support and prayers. I freaking love the scriptures so much and it's been cool to see all of the verses that stand out to me as a missionary. I can't wait to talk with you all on Tuesday from the airport and then again next Sunday!

What I am really nervous about the field is that I know my investigator's Spanish will be a lot different and faster than what I have heard here but I just need to have faith that Heavenly Father will help me and bring the spirit.

Well I just wanted to write you all one more time while I am in the MTC. I have learned so much here and I can't believe that its' time for me to enter into the field. I am so excited for all of the experiences I am about to have.

I love you all so much and I can't ask for a better family. Thanks for supporting me and praying for me.

Yo se que este Evangelio es verdadro. Yo se que nuestra familia es para siempre porque eld Plan de Dios. Estoy animado ser un misionero hoy. Gracias por todo hace. Yo se que Dios vivir hoy. Les quiero much. Adios por ahora. Halbare a ustedes en Martes y primero semana.
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment