Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, February 2, 2015

Goodbye to my most favorite companion

Hey ya'll haha as Elder Manley would say.
Sounds like you all had an amazing time for the Super Bowl party!! It seems like 3 months ago that we watched it at Chris's house! I'm stoked to be there again!

Elder Manley got sent to Cajamarca and he is totally stoked because everyone wants to go there here in the mission! I miss him quite a bit and it's really weird to not have him here teaching the people and working with me. 
 Goodbye Elder Manley :(
Hello Elder Rubio
My new companion is Elder Rubio and he originally is from Putumayo Peru but he moved to Lima several years ago. He is 20 and also a convert which is pretty cool. We are pretty different from each other but we both have desires to work well. He was baptized 2 and half years ago and is the only member in his family and so I give him huge props for that. We are really working really hard and have contacted a whole bunch of people. He always went out with the missionaries while he was home and so he already knows how to teach well and our lessons are really powerful. 

This past week we had to walk a whole bunch. I probably walked the most I have ever walked in a week during my mission. We had to walk a whole bunch because all of our set appointments kept on falling through and so we had to contact and we barely entered into the houses to teach. Let's just say that this past week, I've learned a lot about diligence because even though there aren't a lot of people home sometimes, we have to keep going and contacting. All is well though. I have really felt excited to keep on working even though I know that I am going home soon. I'm trying hard not to think about that because I want to be focused on my mission as much as possible and I want to help as much people as I can before it's my turn to head home.
Cynthia Vasquez and her kids were rescued this past week and so that was really nice! I'm happy for them because they really seem a lot happier now that they come to church. It's just hard for them all to get up since we attend church at 8 am. But Saturday night we called them to remind them about church.

That is all for this week. I haven't received any news about my Travel Plans but we have a Multi Zone meeting on Thursday so I'll probably talk about it to them there.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment