Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm about to have my 3rd "son."

Mis Queridos Amados!
First off thank you Mom for that wonderful email. Geez make me cry why don't you? Haha no but seriously I love you so much and I'm so thankful for your guidance and example. I have been so blessed to have you and Dad as my parents and thank you for sharing that with us. I really hope that we all can follow her advice and be that much more loving and supportive. 

But you are right. We are so blessed to live where we live and to have the family that we have. To be honest I have always thought what you have thought. . .  Why did I get so blessed? Why did Heavenly Father send me to Utah to live with the most perfect family for me? Now it's clear, just like you said, because He knew that I wouldn't take advantage of the blessings. Honestly before my mission, I took way too many things for granted it's not even funny. But I'm excited to get back and be more grateful for things such as carpet, air conditioning, grass, clear air, a car, just sooo many things. 

Anyways time to get down to the sad news..... Elder Manley has a change and he leaves tomorrow. We are both quite sad about it. Never have I been this sad about a change before but I'm really going to miss him. Last night we stayed awake until 1 in the morning because we couldn't sleep because just the thought of not having him around sucks! It sounds girly, I know I know, but we have become the best of friends.  It'll be exciting to hear how is doing once I am home and we will for sure see each other again. We have had 3 changes together and the time went by sooo dang fast. We are mainly sad because it won't be the same when we are in the house of our pencionista because we always play with the 9, 6, and 5 year old that live there. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when it's my turn to say goodbye to them. But  anyway, we are trying to stay positive and I know that Elder Manley will do amazing things in his mission

Also....I'm going to train again!!!! Every time someone trains, they have a ¨kid¨. So it will be my 3rd son on the mission. I'm excited about it and I'm happy that the Lord trusts in me to be able to do it again. I'm not sure if it's going to be a latino or a gringo but I hope it's a latino so that I can get my Spanish up again. Plus I know that since I'm training again, it will help me to keep working hard until my time is up.

Today is the first day of my last change and its definitely bitter sweet. But I'm excited for the new experiences that are about to come. I know that I still have things to do and just like you said Mom, I don't want to sit back and say that I did my part because I still have to work!

Thank you for those scriptures. I have really been feeling a lot better about everything. I continued to read in Alma. And I think it's in Alma 17 where Alma and Amulek suffer a lot of afflictions but the Lord comforts them. I know that the Lord is proud of what I'm doing. I'm excited to keep working hard until the end. Thanks for your support. I have really tried to keep finding people to teach. Now that I'm training again, I'll be able to keep working hard and I know that I will leave the area well off. I just need to keep on being diligent and obedient

Gilberto's ex-wife plans on coming to Peru probably in March. So I'm happy that things are moving along with him. He is reading in the Book of Mormon and he is so far into it. He understands everything. At the end of the lesson this past week we asked him if he needed anything and he said that he just needs to get baptized! His daughter Lorena is now doing her Personal Progress and she is also very far into it. It makes me happy.

Also good news! Do you remember Annie from my last area? The little girl that got baptized by her older brother, Gerardo? Well I called Elder Chavez the other day and he said that their Dad is now going to get baptized in February! I'm so stoked! Gerardo is now on a mission in Arequipa Peru and we are writing each other weekly. But it makes me happy that they will be an eternal family soon!

Even though Elder Manley has to leave, there are still good news (: We just got to look at the good in all things. Like even though it's hot here and very dusty, I'm learning so much and at least we haven't gotten robbed yet haha!

I'm also getting impatient about the Travel Plans. I went to the office the other week and I asked them about it but they said that the guy that works for the church travel dept.hasn't bought them yet. The mission office doesn't buy the tickets. I guess that it's someone else in the states or something that buys them. But I know, I'm getting annoyed by that.

This past week I had the 2nd to last interview with President Williams and he told me some great things. He first thanked me for helping out the mission so much and for working hard where I'm at. He gave me great counsel; he told me that once I get back I have to know that my life is about me and Heavenly Father. Throughout my life I've kind of based my life off of my friends and examples and I've listened to them more. But I need to focus on what Heavenly Father wants me to do. That will help me in my studies and also to choose an eternal companion. I also need to pay attention to the spirit and follow what He wants me to do so that I may have a successful life in the gospel. But I don't need to worry about that right now.

I'm ready to work!

I love you all. He loves you
Elder Smith
Ps. My memory card got a virus. So no photos. Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment