Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 is going to be a big year for me!

2015 is Here!!!
 HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM PERU!!

It was so great to talk to you guys on Christmas and see all of your faces. You all seemed so happy and it sounds like you all got amazing presents!!! Dad!!! I'm dang jealous of your present and I am totally stoked for you!! Just don't die okay?? Haha way to go Mom on surprising him!! Also way to go on Allison's present. You really know how to make presents special. I bet that took forever to find all the clothes that looked similar off Pinterest. I love you guys.

I'm getting ready to send you guys a bunch of videos from last night. I'm sorry that they are a lot but they are all dang legit and hilarious!! Yesterday we could only stay out until 8 o clock so we ate dinner around 7. We ate turkey, potatoes, hot chocolate, Inka Kola, and Paneton. It was pretty nice and we ate all together with the little kids around the table. It was a lot of fun. Then at midnight it was just nuts!!! Soooo many fireworks and People here make these straw dolls that are gigantic and they all burn them. Last night it looked like the end of the world because everything was burning and alarms going off and fireworks blasting. It was pretty sick!!!  But  Elder Manley and I had a lot of fun talking about our goals for 2015. 
 Firework Fail #1 (Don't worry nobody got hurt)
Firework Fail #2
Finally! Happy New Year!!

2014 for me has been pretty stressful and I worked pretty hard I feel like. I had 4 areas. Jaen, Jose Olaya, Los Amautas, and Los Artesanos. All of which treated me really well. None of them were easy, in all of them I had trials, but from everyone I learned something new. I feel that in 2014 I really learned a lot! I grew spiritually and I was able to learn the language better and the Gospel a lot better. I am eternally grateful.

2015 is going to be a big year for me!  Ending my mission, finding a job, starting school again, and looking for an eternal companion. It's going to be a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work. But I'm excited for it because I know that Heavenly Father has been preparing me and I feel that I can take on the real world now. I have many goals that I want to accomplish so here it goes!!

This past week we were able to set up 2 baptismal dates. One for Noeli and the other for her daughter Angeles. In our building where we are living in, there was a family that moved out and so a nice room was available and we told them about it and they are most likely going to move in next week!!! We set up a date for the 17th of January and so we are praying that all will go according to plan. They really know that they are in the truth and Noeli told us that her goal is to go up during testimony meeting and bare her testimony of the truth that she has been able to learn. Please pray for them.

Elayne moved and is now living with her Mom in the area of Los Amautas. So I plan on sending the referral to Elder Chavez. However, she comes every weekend and so we might still teach her. We will see what happens. But we also started to teach her grandmother. She is a sweetheart.

That is pretty much for this week. I'm pretty sure that I could keep writing you guys about a bunch of stuff. But we will also be able to write each other on Monday which is like 4 days away!!

Have a good New Years Day. I love you all. He loves you
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment