Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, February 16, 2015

This is MY Mission!

 Elder Zavala (from my group) went home 3 weeks early so he could start his studies this past week.
Buenas Tardes!
I bet that Dad and Jordan can agree that at the end of their missions, they still didn't feel that they were going home soon. To be honest, sometimes I feel that I'm going to be a missionary my whole life! But I know that my time is coming to an end. However I'm grateful that I still have....animos to work hard....I don't know how to word that in English.

I'm not sure really sure if I'm going to have time on the 9th to write home because we are going to have a meeting for those that are going home from 8 until 4 and then from there I'm pretty sure that we are going to go to the mission house to eat with President and Sister Williams and then from there, to the airport. So I think that we will only have 2 more times to write after this. Crazy right?

I definitely have mixed feeling about all this. I'm very excited to continue my life and see all of you guys and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me. But yet again, THIS IS MY MISSION!....This is what I've been dreaming of my whole life and everyday has been hard, spiritual, fun, and exciting. These past 2 years have really helped me to be more humble and to realize just how blessed I am. My testimony is stronger than it has ever has been and I can say that I understand the Gospel a lot more and that has prepared me up until now. I'm happy and excited to come home soon, but at the same time sad. I'm pretty sure all returned missionaries can agree with me!

 Here are my shoes! They are so trashed and have holes on the bottom of each one. Let's just say that every day, I have rocks in my shoes and my socks are covered in dirt!



This past week has been a good one once again. We have been able to help many people to realize the importance of the Restored Church and I've been able to feel the spirit in every lesson that we have had.

Angels and Noeli were finally able to attend church because they have been having many problems and challenges over the past few weeks that have come in the way and les han impedido ir a la iglesia. Haha I'm sorry I don't know anymore what I'm trying to write in English...
But they attended church and last night we went over to see how church was for them and they said that they had felt a peace and joy that they have needed to feel for a long time. We explained that Heavenly Father always wants us to feel like that and so that is why he has given us the Atonement and Church to always comfort us. We also explained the conversion of Alma the younger and how he said that he felt the same thing when he turned to God and repented. So we hope that they will always remember that feeling from here on out so that they can always go to church. I hope that they can get baptized soon though.

We also met a man who is about 28 named Jorge. He explained that he has been looking for a church to attend to recently and that he wants to be a part of a church. We were able to teach him a powerful lesson about the Restoration. However for some reason he didn't come to church yesterday and so we hope to find him this week so that he can come next week.

Thanks for your prayers and support. I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment