Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, June 9, 2014

I felt like a father waiting for his kid to get home


Happy Monday!
Well Mom and Dad congratulations for helping us all in our lives! Honestly it is so weird for me to think as well. Time has seriously flown by and you both are my role models and I hope to have a family like our own family one day. I will always remember going to church with you guys and how you sometimes separated me and Jordan for making too much noise or from Allison for fighting haha but you guys have always been there for me and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the family that I have.

Well this is the last week that I will have with Elder Santos as he goes home next week. My learning experience as a leader has been short and I'd really like more time to learn all the responsibilities as ZL. Who knows, maybe I'll get a companion who has experience as a ZL. Elder Santos and I have been working insanely hard. It's legit. Our area has sooo much potential and we are finding a lot of people to teach. I think that we will have a baptism coming up. I am a little nervous to guide the area and the zone. This has happened to me a lot on my mission. With little time to get to know the area, and then there is a change and I have to guide it. For example, Arizona, Morro Solar, and Jose Olaya. But EVERY TIME, the Lord has helped me and everything has been okay. I am just nervous as well because I have now another calling as zone leader. But he will help me and I have always been guided. I really have learned to put my trust in the Lord because he will never fail us.

A kind of scary experience happened to us this past week. We received a call from a DL in an area 30 minutes away from our area saying the sisters in his area weren't answering their telephone. We tried calling them like 5 times and nothing and it was already 10:30 at night. I told the DL to leave his house to go over to the sister's apartment and see if they were home and then to call us right away. After about 20 minutes he called us from a payphone in the street and said that they don't know if they are in their house because they aren't answering the door. The bad thing as well, is that only the zone leaders here in the mission have cell phones. We called President Risso and he told us to call the branch president. We did and he left with the Elders to see where the sisters were. This whole time Elder Santos and I were thinking that they got robbed or maybe even kidnapped. Haha I told him that I felt like a father waiting for his kid to get home when it's like 1 in the morning! I was so nervous! Luckily, they got into the apartment complex, knocked on the door, and the sisters came out all confused. What happened was that they put their telephone on silent because they were sick and didn't want to be bugged and so they didn't hear the phone! Ah! So around midnight, we finally got to sleep! It's a crazy life! But hey that's the mission!

Anyway, right now I don't have much time because we are going to one of Elder Santos old areas so that he can say goodbye to some people. 
Oh and bad news...my adapter broke and so I can't send pictures today. 
I love you guys. He loves you
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment