Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, February 24, 2014

Well everyone..you all guessed it... , it is time for me to leave Jaen


Well everyone..you all guessed it... , it is time for me to leave Jaen...changes!!
To be honest I am a little sad. I have been here for 6 months and have experienced so many things and I would say that I grew the most here. A piece of my heart really is going to stay behind in this place. The members were so great to me. Yesterday I was able to give a talk and I am thankful that I could say my last few words to everyone. It was cool, I had to share a message about prophets and how we can be blessed by them. I shared the experience that we had when we went to the funeral of President Gordon B. Hinckley and even though we only got to see him for a few seconds in his casket, the spirit was soooo strong and I knew that he was a prophet of God. I also shared the experience that I had when they changed the age of the mission and how I have been blessed for taking upon me that calling and leaving a little early and all the blessings I received. After church, everyone was outside waiting for all of their families. And I walked out and suddenly everyone started screaming Elder Smith! Don't leave! Hahaha it was funny. But a lot of them are going to go to the bus stop today and say goodbye. But I really hope that one day I can come back and visit all of them...I leave today at 1 in the afternoon and won't arrive in Chiclayo until 8 30 or 9.  From there, I will sleep with some other Elders and tomorrow morning we have the change meeting, and in that meeting they will tell us where we go and so I don't know right now.

However, I am very happy with the work that I was able to do here. As you all know, my goal was to be able to leave this area better than I found it and that Elder Flores would have many investigators to teach and baptize and I feel I completed that goal. This week, Maritza will be getting married and baptized the same day! Along with her boyfriend! Ah it will be so amazing! I remember in October when we went and the dad had no interest in the church or baptism but we worked hard with them and they have felt the spirit and so he made the decision yesterday to get baptized as well!!! Ah! They will be an eternal family because their son is on the mission, the other son is going on a mission, and they are getting married and baptized! I am so excited. I hope soon they will make it to the temple when they complete a year in the church. I am a pretty dang sad that I won't be able to be there. I told the mom, Maritza, "I won't be able to be there, I have changes." And she said as a joke, "well then I am not getting married or baptized haha." Man I will miss them. They are so awesome. As well as their...fetch I forgot the word in English....sobrina....um.........oh!! Niece. Their niece might get baptized with them as well because she lives with them (:
Also we have 3 other dates with a mom and a daughter for the 15 of March and an old man of 65 for the 8th of March. Man I am sad I can't be here to see all the baptisms. But I am soooo happy that I am able to know that I leave Jaen with success. (:
Jose Martin didn't get baptized. His dad didn't want him to because he can't walk and so he wants him to get baptized with him when he heals. The only problem is that he isn't going to get healed for another 8 months. And we don't even think the dad wants to get baptized. So that is a bummer. I didn't really see the desire in Jose anyway. But Elder Flores will continue to work with him. Man I am going to miss Elder Flores as well. We never argued while we were together. We are best friends and have worked so hard and did so amazing together.
 
 Saturday night the pencionista and the ward mission leader, (they are married, obviously) they bought pizza for me and at the end they egged me....again...haha man they are so legit. I will miss them soooo much.
Well congrats to everyone on the mission calls. That makes me happy to hear about Chad and Parker. It is so weird how everyone is leaving, or has already left. I miss you all so much, and it is so weird to think that I only have about 1 year left.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment