Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, February 10, 2014

Rain, Mud, and more Rain!



Well a whole bunch happened this past week!
 I got your package! Thank you so much for everything that was in there! The talks are soooo amazing and I read them all! They really helped me with some of the questions that I have had and some of the prayers that I needed to be answered! Also I am kicking butt in the football game against Elder Flores haha at first it was confusing how to play but we got used to it!

This past week as you can see...it rained a whole bunch! One night around 3 in the morning it rained probably the hardest that I have ever seen in my whole life. And our roof is a tin roof so it was extremely loud and Elder Flores and I woke up thinking that our roof was going to break. But no...We just got up the next morning with a few puddles in our house haha. Then that day, we walked in the rain and mud! It was insane and it was actually pretty cold. But we enjoyed ourselves of course!
President came as I told you last week. Man I wish you guys could meet him. He is soooo inspiring and I am sad that he will be leaving this July. He helps us a lot as missionaries and he is so thoughtful and knows how to bring in the spirit. I didn't have the chance to have an interview with him though. But it was sweet because after the conference in the morning on Thursday. Elder Flores and I went out and taught SOOO much better. Being able to leave those meetings with the spirit so strong really helps you in the lessons. 

About baptisms...well...Jimmy fell through. We don't really know what to do with him. When we teach him with his mom he is really cool and listens. But when his mom isn't there...he doesn't even want to listen to us and he doesn't let us in his house. So we might end up dropping him. We will see because he hasn't attended church these past 2 weeks. But we are going to have a baptism this Friday with a kid named Robin who is 15 years old. His older sister who is about 28 is a member and she recently moved to Lima. (The aunt of Helen). So he stayed behind and he is living in her old house. He is way smart and we look forward to baptizing him! Please pray that everything will go well for him!

 For Jose, the kid who lives in Fila Alta, he didn't attend church yesterday because his brother wasn't there to take care of his dad so he won't be able to get baptized this Saturday. We are hoping for next week...the 22nd!
We had an activity in our ward this past Friday and it was a lot of fun. We played a lot of games. In one picture is me stacking cups and then I had to jump back in a jumping bag. It was fun!

A pretty cool story...about a week and a half ago I knocked this door and an old lady came about. Probably around 65. She told us that she would come to our church because she didn't like her church anymore and wanted to find a different one. She said she would be busy so we weren't able to teach her. But yesterday she came! Without us teaching her! She was very impressed for how organized it was and how we had relief society and the primary and all the organizations. She was really pleased to hear that Jesus Christ came here to the Americas. We are going to teach her this coming week and we are way excited! Pretty cool right!

Anyway! Allison!!! You are going to be 18!!!!!!! How crazy is that!!! I feel that I am still 18. Haha feliz cumpleaños hermanita! That is crazy about the lockdown as well. Oh Lehi....you just always have to put on a scare for other people once and a while.

I hope you have a great week! I love you all. He loves you.
Elder Smith


Here you see El Rey de Los Incas tomando su Inca Kola (: Balla!!

No comments:

Post a Comment