Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, January 13, 2014

Heavenly Father uses us to answer other peoples prayers and be their blessings

This week was really such a blessing for me. I felt that I have learned so much and that Heavenly Father has helped me and blessed me sooo much. On Tuesday, we did splits, our district leader came to our area and went out teaching with Elder Flores.  I went to another area with the Elder from California. So after lunch we were walking back to his house and a member from his ward stopped us saying that she had a friend who had a stroke and was in the Hospital. So we went to give him a blessing. This is the same Hospital where they drew blood from me when I was very sick in September but I never entered in the Emergency Room. Inside we found her friend who had just had a strode.  By the way, we are so blessed to have hospitals like we do back home in the States because here there were like 8 deathly sick people crammed in 1 room, screaming, crying, puking, and drooling all over the place. It was very gross but quite humbling. Anyways we gave him a blessing and then in that same room I saw a member from our ward here in Morrow Solar who is about 60 years old with his wife! The guy was sooo sick and he told me that he was praying so hard so that someone could come and give him a blessing.  He had only been there 3 hours and no one from our ward knew about his situation yet. It was really amazing for me to see how Heavenly Father uses us to answer other peoples prayers. We were able to give him a blessing and now he is recovering a bit better in Chiclayo, receiving more treatment. But I was so grateful for that experience and it really helped me such much with my testimony of prayer and blessings.
  Then Paul got baptized this past week! It was honestly such a miracle though. Since I have been here in Morro Solar, we have always put a goal with Paul to be baptized but in never happened. At the beginning of this week Paul said he didn't feel prepared and wanted to wait until May to be baptized at 9 years old. We got kind of bummed out, we left that lesson a little sad but when we got back to our room, Elder Flores and I offered a prayer on our knees asking Him to help us with this young boy. Then we felt that he wanted to get baptized, it is just his mom that always says he will have to attend church for the rest of his life so it kind of scared him and she is always a little hard on him. But we went back and told him that maybe he should talk with another missionary and have a conversation with him to really see if he should get baptized. Before the interview with the other Elder, Elder Flores and I had a lesson with him in one of the classrooms of the church and we explained how big of a blessing it is to be baptized and we explained more in depth of the Holy Ghost. Then after we asked him if we could kneel and say a prayer. Paul did the prayer and in that prayer he said, Heavenly Father, if you want me to get baptized, I will do it. Then he had the conversation with the Elder, and after he came out saying that he wanted to get baptized! So right away we went to his house, the mom was still hard on him, but Paul just kept saying, Mom! God will help me attend church and keep the commandments then she kind of shut up haha. Then we got her signature and he was baptized! So amazing. 
After his baptism on Saturday we made our own pizza as a District in a members house and that was so much fun but tasted nothing like your homemade pizza mom! I miss that pizza haha.

Friday was Elder Flores Birthday and so we ate fried chicken with French fries in the pensionista's house. Then they smashed eggs on his head out of no where! 
And then on me! Because we all thought I was gonna have a transfer change but nope., I think this will be my last change here. But it is cool because I love my area, the members, I get along with my companion and I love Jaen. So I am excited to be here, I just kind of wanted to experience a little bit of Chiclayo, but there will be plenty of time for that. Plus we are gonna have a baptism this week with a kid named Daniel who is 9 years old so we are stoked to have another baptism!!

Anyways I love you all. I am really loving my mission right now. It is kind of weird that I am almost at 10 months. But I hope that you all know that I love you and He loves you

Elder Smith


 Getting a little punishment from our pencionista (the lady that cooks for us), ha ha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment