Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, September 24, 2013

You have no idea how much I love all of my investigators


You are all having so much fun without me! But I am so happy that you guys are having such an amazing time! I just love hearing from all of you and it is so crazy that there is a normal place like the United States somewhere! I can't wait to cook some smores by our campfire! I am really missing a regular, juicy steak! Cooked by Dad! The steak here, if we are lucky to get it, is so dry, and filled with fat, and as thin as a piece of paper! 

And yes you did tell me that you bought a vcr haha that is awesome. I sure do miss all of those good movies. I think I am going to have a marathon of Disney Movies when I get back because I miss them the most!

Fetching BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!! Haha oh well, at least I am not in Utah to be too embarrassed about it!  I am so glad that Lehi is doing better at football and I really hope that they have a winning season! They are legit! Today I wore my Lehi football shirt and shorts when we played sports as a zone!

I cannot believe that I have almost hit 6 months! It really has gone by pretty fast, which makes me want to work that much harder!

But man oh man you have no idea how much I love all of my investigators. They are just so amazing and so faithful! Everyday life here is SO much different and SO much harder but yet they remain faithful! The baptism of Jose was so amazing! I had the opportunity to baptism him! Right after we left the font, he turned around and just gave me a big hug and said thank you so much! He said he felt completely free of sin, and I told him that you are! He is the only member of his family that is a member. So the young men have to take good care of him! He is 17 years old and just such a stud!

You are not going to believe what is going to happen this Saturday! Graciela also has a daughter that is 16 years old named Pamela. Yesterday we met her for the first time at church and we were going to visit her this morning because she just wasn't quite sure if she wanted to be baptized. Elder White and I gave the family something to read from the Book of Mormon and we called her this morning to still make sure we could come over, but she said she had a test so we couldn't! But she said she felt the spirit when she read from the book of mormon and told us that she wants to get baptized this Saturday with her mom Graciela and her brother Daniel who is 9 years old! We will also be baptized Karla as well. So we are going to be having 4 baptisms this weekend! How blessed we are! In total we are going to have 8 baptisms this month! We think it will be the most in the mission! Ah! So blessed (: It makes me so happy! I know it isn't all about the numbers but it just makes me so happy to see all of the blessings we are receiving!

This past week, our toilet completely broke! Elder White was sick on Saturday and so while he was resting, I was studying and all of a sudden a whole bunch of water started coming into the study room, the hallway, the living room, and kitchen! Water leaked from the toilet and we had a huge flood! Luckily I saved all of our stuff that was on the floor and nothing really got wet. But I had to clean the whole thing because he was sick and I just let him sleep! But it took like 3 hours to get all of the water out! I think we almost fixed the toilet though! haha what I mess it was!

I had a cool experience 3 days ago. A Zone Leader (Elder Valenzuela and I) we went to a place called Bagua Chica which is an hour away from Jaen because he had to go do a baptismal interview and his companion stayed with Elder White. But right before we left, we were in the apartment, and a thought came to my mind that I needed to bring a book of mormon with me. So without hesitating I grabbed a book of mormon. On the way up to Bagua in the car, a lady that was sitting next to me, asked me if she could see the book. From there, it was just pure spirit! We talked to her about the book and she said she has been looking for a church for about 2 years because she was in a coma for 3 months and something told her that she needed to find a church. We testified with the spirit and we got her information because she lives in Peru. It was so amazing!
Last P day and today we went to a Festival where we bought a lot of stuff! I will probably send home a Christmas package to give some of the stuff that I bought. But as for me, I am doing well and I am understanding a whole lot more of Spanish! I don't need anything, just show me some love haha no all I need is your prayers! Things are going pretty well and some of the stress that I am used to having are going away such as Spanish, home, regular worldy things. I have really started to focus more on the work here and on my investigators. Even though it is still SUPER hard, I am continuing to persevere and I am never going to give up! 
Thanks for all of your support and all of your love!
I love you all. He loves you!
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment