Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, November 17, 2014

Garden of Eden is discovered in Peru!



 I don't think I'd want to go to a dentist here....

 House for sale....hmmmm.....

 Found this great little soccer field in the middle of nowhere.
 Love my new BYU tshirt. Getting ready to play a little soccer....again. I sure do miss football.

 I found this legit ice cream today!
"It's HOT!"

 I think we found the Garden of Eden!
(It's about the only green vegetation Elder Smith has seen in months)
Hello Loved Ones
I am so grateful to hear about your callings and how well they are all going. I can really see that the Lord called each of you for those specific callings because it allows you to use your talents to help other people. Yesterday I was able to teach in the Gospel Principles class to the Less Actives and investigators and we talked about that a little bit. That before this life, God gave us talents and gifts so that we may be able to bless the lives of others. That is why it's so important that we share our gifts and talents. I hope that you may all continue to serve with humility and diligence so that you may be able to bless the lives of others. 

The turkey bowl at school already happened? But it's not even Thanksgiving yet! (Mmmmmm....I can't wait to eat some pie!) It makes me happy to hear that Jordan's shoulder is healing so good and that he was able to throw the football in the game!!! Elder Manley and I want to look for a football next time we go to the Center of Chiclayo because we run in the morning and we would like to throw it around every once in awhile. Today we played soccer with the zone and to be honest I'm a little tired of soccer. Even though I do have to admit that I like it a lot better now. I'm just not that good. 

This past week we did divisions and I went with Elder Prestwich in his area. He is in the same area though as us, just the other side. We were able to teach many less active members and it's really sad to hear why they have fallen away from the church. Most of them had really never gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon, which is key. But we were able to help them. That night there was a lot of wind and so I got a pretty bad eye infection and my left eye was soooo red!! So that was annoying. The next morning I also had it in my other eye. But I bought some great eye drops and they are helping quite a lot. 

Then the next morning while I was in the shower, the cords of the water heater caught on fire!! Some rooms in the mission have water heaters and there are cords that heat it up and while I was showering, the whole bathroom looked a whole lot brighter and I looked up and there was a fire!! Thankfully it went out as I blew on the cords and I didn't get burnt, but ash went all over the place!! It was sketchy! So I finished that shower with cold water, haha!

We were able to find Elayne this past week and we moved her baptismal date to the 29th of November because that will give her time to get a stronger testimony. But she really wants to get baptized. We are going to watch the Joseph Smith movie with her tonight. 

We had a cool experience on Friday. We started to walk to a part of our area that we had never really gone before. We arrived at this market full of food and products. It was gigantic! But we noticed that it was a pretty poor side of the area with people living in shacks. As we were leaving we saw 2 little kids carrying a bucket of water each to their house so we immediately ran to help them. I helped this 5 year old boy named Daniel. He was such a stud. He looked up at me and smiled and told me, "I'm strong too!" and so we both carried the bucket all the way to his house about 100 yards away. Elder Manley helped his 8 year old sister carry her bucket of water to her house. As we arrived at the house we met the mother and she thanked us and explained that she used to attend church when she was 18. So now we are going to visit her! It was a humbling experience and we were blessed to find another investigator. 

I got your package and thank you soo much! That sports catalog was legit.  I wish that they would have done that while I was in High School! The BYU shirt is sick and I wore it today! Also the tie is sweet. So thank you so much. I about died when I tasted the candy (: Ah (: I love it! Thank you thank you thank you.

That 's about it for this week.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment