Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It is SO important that we keep our covenants and fulfill our callings.

The zones of Chiclayo Peru, Dorado, La Victoria, and Jaen all with Elder Wadell who is a 70 who came and spoke to the mission. It was amazing!  Elder Supayabe is in Morro Solar in Jaen right now and he brought me a package from Hna Deydi my pencionist in Jaen! She gave me a box of chocolates!! I miss them!!
(Elder Smith is on the far left of the top row)


 Our room...its waayyy small. With one desk and barely any room to get around between the bed and the dresser haha. But you gotta love it.

Hello Everyone Once Again!!
I say this every week but I swear that ever week flies by faster and faster!!!

This week was pretty normal. Not a lot happened to be honest. We have tried to just help the investigators that are progressing a little more and so we haven't really found any new investigators, but that is our goal for this week. We went to contact a whole bunch. 

Sometimes I get thinking of my old areas and how much I miss them. Especially Los Amautas and Morro Solar. But I am grateful to be here. The members are great, but we don't really go visit them as often because they are all pretty old and just not interested in coming out with us. So I miss visiting cool member families. So we hope to also get to know more members here in the ward.

This change has flown by soo fast! We are already in the last week of the change!!! I only have 3 more changes and so I am freaking out. I really want to end my mission strong and that is my goal. I want to work even harder and just work until the very end. I still think sometimes that it is weird to be on my mission because it's something that I have always wanted to do. And to actually think that I am a missionary makes me happy.  I was thinking the other day that if I was a sister missionary that I would be home right now! But I wouldn't want that. Because the 18 months went by way too fast and I would have been way mad and sad if I had to go at 18 months. So I am grateful that I still have time to be here. 

Angeles and Noeli still weren't able to come to church because Angeles got really sick. But they both still know the church is true and they want to get baptized sooo bad. They are just praying and searching for a way to do it. We were able to share many scriptures with them to help them out about how Heavenly Father always helps us out in our afflictions if we are faithful. One morning this past week I really looked for so many scriptures to use. My favorites were probably Jacob 3:1 where it explains of how we need to trust in Heavenly Father. We also shared Mosiah 7:33 where he will free us from our afflictions. Also Alma 7:15 where it invites us to come and not fear and that we should let every sin go that holds us back. So we hope that they were able to learn something from that lesson.

Gilberto and his daughter Lorena are really coming along and they attended church again yesterday!!! Last night we went over and his girlfriend that he is living with joined in on the lesson. We taught about Family Home Evenings and how important it is for us to learn as a family. Her name is Sara and we could tell that she is interested as well. We plan to do a FHE with them next week on Monday. I love teaching about families. I have a strong testimony about that. In the Book of Mormon it shows a lot of great examples of great parents and the influence that it had on their children.

We didn't find Elayne this past week. She studies a whole bunch but yesterday she came to church and loved it sooo much and the YSA's were able to help her to have a good experience at church. I feel that Elayne will get baptized in the month of November. She really likes the gospel and feels it's true. We just need to help her to have more faith so that she may be able to act in faith and be baptized.

Thank you sooo much for your thoughts and prayers. I am grateful for you guys and that I am a part of our family. Thanks for your love and support and advice. Everything is going well right now. I am just eager for a baptism. But I know I just need to fulfill my purpose as a missionary. Elder Wadell explained that salvation doesn't come through how high we were in callings, if we were a zone leader, a trainer, a district leader, a bishop, a stake president. It just doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how many baptisms we have because it won't bring us salvation. But it IS important that we keep our covenants and fulfill our callings. So that is what I am focusing on. 

Ideas for Christmas??? Mmm......I'm not sure Mom! I don't really care too much about candy because I'll be able to eat it soon enough. But I'd like some ties or letters or pictures. Idk surprise me (: Love you guys. He loves you!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment