Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, April 21, 2014

This church is perfect because Jesus Christ himself guides it

Family and Friends!
What? Allison is graduating High School? And What? Emily is going to graduate college? Wow how time flies right? I am happy that Allison got asked to Senior Prom! That will be a lot of fun for her and I hope the boy isn't a punk! Haha! But I'm sure they will have fun!

It is weird to think that I am going to complete 2 years of a graduate of High School. I feel like these past 2 years especially have flown by and I have grown so much spiritually and mentally and well I would say physically, but my muscles have gone down since there is no gym here haha.  But hey I'm doing my perfect pushups Jordan so that I can come home benching it up! (:

Well Laura Sandoval got baptized! Wooo Hoo!!! We were soo happy for her and the decision that she made to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She had so much faith in the lessons and when she got baptized. I was able to baptize her and while we were in the font and I was saying the words to baptize her, she was pulling my arm hairs because she was soooo nervous! But it went well! President and Hermana Risso also came! Before the baptism, I told Elder Supayabe, ¨Hey, I think that President is going to come since there hasn't been a baptism here in a long time.¨ But he didn't believe me.  And then sure enough he came and he congratulated us for the hard work we put in. Laura also gave her testimony and the whole time she was just crying. It was a very spiritual experience. Her friends who introduced her into the church also came. Man I am so blessed to be able to see all of these lives changed during my mission. This church is perfect because Jesus Christ himself guides it through President Monson. I know that the people can feel it every time that we teach it.  The only thing that is hard for them is just the  process of changing because being a member isn't easy because there are a lot of standards. However, it is worth it and these standards help us to go and stay on the right track towards eternal life. I have really felt it in my life and I am happy I have about 1 year left to keep doing this and serving the Lord!

Jesus Ñique hopes to be getting baptized this week. I say hopes because he is a little nervous. He knows that everything is true, he just needs to  take that big leap of faith and do it. We had a neat lesson with him and his neighbors once again this past week. This time we brought the Joseph Smith Restoration movie so that we didn't have to sit there and basically Bible Bash the whole time and the spirit was super strong. I remember walking out of the lesson and saying to my companion, "Oh my gosh, the spirit was incredible! I didn't even know what to say! I just wanted to watch the movie, end it, and say in the name of Jesus Christ Amen because the spirit was awesome." His neighbors understand more about Joseph Smith but they are still on the edge of the Book of Mormon. But Jesus Ñique said, ¨Yes, this is true, I can feel it¨. That helped us out a whole bunch and we look forward on working hard with him so that he can get baptized this weekend.

Well for Easter...it was hard to work...Thursday and Friday there was absolutely no one in the streets! They were all inside resting or drinking! So we basically walked around the whole day trying to find someone but we had no success. But I know that the Lord will bless us for our efforts. We ate this dish named Causa. It has fish, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, onions and tomatoes. It was pretty good. The people don't eat regular beef or chicken this day. Only fish because it's the Lords meat I guess. But I didn't see the fake Jesus Christ walking around the streets. So actually it was pretty boring. But it was great for us to get to celebrate Easter  with a very special baptism!! (:
Well I love you all. He loves you
Elder Smith
PS. I forgot my adapter so I'll have to send pictures next week. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment