Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It was really nice to help other kids have a great Christmas


Merry Christmas Everyone!
Well I am so happy that each and everyone liked their presents. That movie was a lot of fun to make! But wow I better start praying for all the sicknesses that are going around! 

Well that was quite awesome that Skype worked out, it was so legit to see everyone and talk to you all. My first Christmas here was a lot different here but special at the same time. My companion and I rented out Santa Claus suits and bought toys for kids that are really poor. Anyway we bought as many toys as we could with the money that I got from you guys for Christmas. 24 cars and 24 little dolls. We went to this really poor town and within 10 minutes or less, all the toys ran out! It was really nice to spend Christmas like that and to help other kids have a great Christmas.

Eating Christmas Dinner!
Honestly this year I will always remember. The year I started my mission. To be able to Skype was really fun and I thought I was gonna die at the end, because I don't like saying goodbye. But really I was okay! I felt ready to get back to the work right away. The mission is just something that I do right now. I think that this year will really fly past because it is basically the last year of my mission.

Right after I got off Skype I received a call from my district leader whose from lima and he told me that him and his companion from California found a guy who is here on vacation for about another month and a half and is from Arizona! He asked me if I could go with his companion the next morning to teach in English. So I was way stoked. Anyways during this lesson I noticed he didn't really care what we had to say he just had so many questions. He brought with him about 10 anti Mormon questions and the other Elder and him were pretty much just arguing the whole time. I was really bummed out because this man was about 24 and super nice, but everything went downhill. Before it got any worse I just told him that as missionaries we aren't here to argue with people, but we are here to share with people a message that we know to be true. Then I ended it with a prayer and we left. Anyways after I was kinda sad because all of that anti Mormon stuff I heard about the church, but they were so ridiculous it really just helped me to know how true and wonderful this church really is. Also I know that I am supposed to be here in Peru.

The rest of the week we were able to set up a baptism date on the 11th of January with a boy Paul who is 9 years old. His older brother got baptized in July and so we are excited to help them become members together. Just please pray that his mom will give him permission.

Anyway yesterday wasn't P Day for us, it is obviously today and we have till 11 at night! Our stake is having a party with all the wards and missionaries so we are excited. The computer isn't reading my card so next week I will send the pics of Christmas

Elder Rich really helped me a lot on my mission. I am glad you guys were able to go to his homecoming. He showed me really how to be a good person to others

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve a mission. Like I always say, it is hard, but it is worth it. I am really happy with what I am doing. Every one is saying I am going to have changes this next change. Or to be more exact the 14th or so of this month. So we shall see. I might leave and train someone, who knows. But I know it will be by inspiration

I love you all. Allison good luck on finding a partner and everything. Thank you all for all that you do for me. 
I love you. He loves you
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment