Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, December 16, 2013

People recognize the blessings we have and take for granted sometimes from so far away.


Hey everyone!
 I can't believe that next week we will be able to see each others faces through Skype. I told Jordan to make me a Skype account and just give me the details next week so that everything is all ready to go. And also if he can make us as friends. I plan on calling her around 7 30 or so...so like 5 30 your time I am not quite sure. For Christmas the president will come next Monday to have PDay with us so that will be fun and he will most likely bring all of the packages that he has for us. I only got one. But it was great, I used the popsicle sticks in a lesson with recent converts this past week. They just loved it. We put it all together and I had them tell me what they saw and felt. We also were able to sing some Christmas songs with them. Tuesday for the 24th we plan on doing something cool as a district like making something or going around singing for people. Then most likely we will eat a lot because every member is inviting us to eat. But we are excited. Then for Christmas we will call! A weird tradition they do her is burn giant dolls in the middle of the street. haha we heard it is now illegal but they still do it. But we shall see. kind of scary right haha

You guys seem like you are all doing so amazing. I really hope that you can feel the light of Christ in your lives during this time of year. Allison congrats on your dance tournament and your grades. Jordan and Emily, good luck on finals. 

Well this past week was legit. We went to an investigators house named Sonia. She is 16 and her aunt Gleny got baptized on the 30th, the girl I baptized in the dark. Well we went over to her house to teach her. But before we planned a legit lesson, while we were planning we felt we should ask her to be baptized. Well when we went we asked her and she told us yes! She wants to get baptized tomorrow for her birthday and she asked me to baptize her. Everything is all ready to go, we got permission, she passed her baptismal interview. So we are so excited for her. About a week ago she came to the Christmas devotional with us and she loved it. She said President Monson is so cute and she felt the spirit so strong.

On the bad note, we passed by Friday the 13th this past week....worst day...ever. We only had 2 lessons the whole entire day. We had like 8 set lessons but no one was home! Also, a member was going to come out with us and help us but he bailed. I also stepped in dog poop and didn't realize until we were in a lesson during the prayer. Elder Flores and I looked at each other and almost died laughing. It stunk soooo bad. Worst day ever haha.
 
 
 
 
 

 Something cool that I heard yesterday in church during ward counsel was that they were talking about their numbers and how many came to church, they said that they wanted to be like a ward in Utah. How blessed we are to have a magnificent ward. And that people recognize the blessings we have and take for granted sometimes from so far away.

I am learning so much as I have been senior companion. We are having a baptism tomorrow and we had like 16 lessons with a member present this past week. We contact every day and I have really learned to like contacting even though it is a little tricky. Elder Flores and I are really tuned in with the spirit and so I think the people notice that and let us in. I am trying so hard to work hard for the Lord as you are right, this time is a very special time to serve him, as it will be a different memory.

I have read the bible a lot lately and it just surprises me how some religions don't understand it. It teaches us the correct baptism and everything so I have been using it a lot lately. I have grown to love personal and companionship study. This past week I have really noticed that right now, the mission is just something I do. I have learned to love it and I feel I am giving it my all, as well as having fun.

Well we went to Gocta today and it was so fun so I hope you enjoy the pics.
I am doing so well and I can't wait to talk to you all my first Christmas in the mission next week. If there is anything I can do to help you all let me know. I love you. He loves you. 

Elder Smith       

No comments:

Post a Comment