Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I am running around testifying to people that Christ has risen

Hello Family and Friends!
Dad and Jordan, "Que tal pata!" Haha pata means duck, but here it is a slang word for bro, a guy friend, haha! 

I can't believe that it has started to snow in Utah! You guys would probably say that you would like to switch me, but I wouldn't if I were you. It is just sooo humid and hot here and there is no way to cool down because there isn't any air conditioning and you have to wait until the night to take a freezing cold shower. I haven't really gotten used to the cold showers, I just wash myself as fast as I can.

But man that is so awesome how many missionaries that we have in our stake and ward! 105 total is a crazy number!! I am kinda sad that I don't get to return to President Lew. But I guess I am happy that the new stake president is good. It is kind of crazy to think how fast missions go. Ryan Pittard and Matt Haskell are already coming home!? Where did the time go! I am glad that I still have so much time left out here on my mission. I have so much I still need to do!

I have freaking missed the Halloween season. We didn't really do anything. In the night for Halloween we went and bought vanilla ice cream with Inca kola and we made an Inca Kola float! It was great! We also went to a cemetery. These cemeteries are legit! They have like little houses and each house belongs to a family. It is pretty cool. It looks like you all had a wonderful Halloween! All your costumes are freaking legit and way to go Dad for scaring Allison and her friends haha!!



 

Well here is a crazy story for ya. This past week one night there was a HUGE rainstorm! I am talking 
 HUUUGGEEE. The streets were a river and it was just down pouring. It was about 7:30 at night when it started so Elder Rich and I went to dinner a little early. Right after we went back out in the rain and we went to members houses to see if they were alright because there are some members that have adobe homes. Luckily everything was alright. By the time we got home we were just soaked! All over! I was so happy though that we decided to step out in the rain and help others instead of calling it a night. Such a great night! When we got home, we were starving from having walked all over the city. So we got a yummy pizza. Ya it wasn't American pizza but it was pretty good (:

We have worked so hard this past week and have really seen miracles. We are going to have a baptism this Saturday. Leydi is her name and she is 14 years old and just so smart. It seems like we are going to baptize a lot of young women. We have a girl named Ruth who is probably the smartest 12 year old ever. She marked her pamphlet that we gave her to read and she understands everything. She has a baptismal date for the 30th. We also have a 16 year old investigator named Sonya and she is really strong about the church. We hope to set up a date for her this Wednesday. The sad thing is that none of the parents are really interested in the church. But maybe, as we teach their daughters their minds will change.
  Here's a little mini tour of nuestra casita:
 
 
 This past week, I have really counted my blessings to really know the plan of God, especially His plan for me. There are just soooo many people who have no clue! There are so many Catholics here and when we go in their houses to teach them, they have no idea who the prophets were and they just don't understand how necessary it is to have a living prophet. It is so exciting to think that I am running around testifying to people that Christ has risen. We have been working really hard. I am so happy for that since Elder Rich goes home pretty soon. 

Well, it was a great week. I am sooo tired though because of the work we have done. But I am so happy that we work hard because we need to reach that goal of 5 baptisms this month. I am happy that we are going to have baptisms this week!
All is well here!
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment