Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, November 25, 2013

I ate my first chicken foot

 Well it doesn't seem like I will miss out on too many things for Thanksgiving! Except for the new Hobbit movie. That is something that I really miss, just to sit down, relax, and enjoy a movie. I bet it will be way good though. But I am glad you guys are keeping a movie list to watch because I plan on having a movie marathon when I get back (: Elder Rich and I have absolutely no plans for Thanksgiving so we don't think there will be anything special, so it will be a different one for me. But for Christmas, this past week I found someone who has both Skype and a home phone so pretty much whatever you want. We will probably be able to do both. But man oh man why does Allison always get hurt. Allison chillax a little before you chop your dang arm off! Oh and a big shout out to Sam Jennings! Congrats on getting married, haha I had the privilege of serving your people in Arizona for 3 months (; you are a stud!

Well last Tuesday at 1 in the afternoon we rented a 50 passenger bus to go to Chiclayo and it was only us missionaries from the Jaen zone in the bus. It was a long 6 and a half hours with a lot of bumps and curves. Luckily I didn't get sick or anything. When we arrived around 7 30, Elder Rich got permission to visit one of his old pencionistas and so  we went to their house and they were so nice. It could just so be that I go to that area one day. But the meeting was so awesome. Elder Nelson shook our hand one by one. Also the Piura mission came so there were like 460 missionaries or so. We had the meeting in the stake center which is connected to the mission office. But he talked about families and said that obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles. The spirit was so insane and then he gave us an apostolic blessing. After the meeting I was able to say hi to Elder Winward and Quiroz so that was pretty cool. They are both in the same zone in Cajamarca. Then our zone took pizza hut to go and ate it on the bus ride back to Jaen. It was a short trip indeed but very worth it. Chiclayo is cold at night and a lot differed compared to Jaen. It is pretty flat with a lot of dirt.
But man I love that story as well! Ammon is really one of my favorite prophets and he just showed everyone what is up. I have really been trying to use my scriptures in lessons lately. This past week on Saturday I prepared a lesson about Agency and what is the difference between good and bad and what happens if we choose the good and the bad. It was a really good lesson and it turned out with a baptismal date for November! At the end of the lesson we asked, "What are some good choices that you would like to make in your life?" The investigator said, "I want to be baptized!"So we are excited about that.
The baptisms that we were going to have this weekend fell through. But the good news is that they still want to get baptized. They just didn't attend church this week because a few of them went out of town for the weekend. But they will for sure be baptized in December. Elder Rich leaves this week on Saturday so I will be staying with a different elder whose companion will be leaving to go home as well. He only has like 3 months in the field and he is American so I will basically be leading in Spanish and everything until Tuesday when we get our new companions.
Also a gross story...I ate my first chicken foot this past week. It really doesn't taste like anything but it has a lot of fat and bones and tendons so it isn't that fun to eat it...but you know me...I ate all my food (:
Things are going really well.  I am sorry that time is going kind of slow for you guys but to be honest it is going pretty fast for me! I am absolutely loving Jaen and my area. I am pretty excited to get a Latin companion. Well I think I will be getting one since I haven't had one my whole mission yet. But thanks everyone for everything
I love you. He loves you
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment