Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I've started to blurt out Spanish words and forget English words!


Hello everyone!!! How wonderful it is to talk to you again!!
My companion is Elder Duff and he has been out 10 months and he's from Orlando Fl. He's pretty cool and we get along! Sometimes it's hard though because he doesn't really talk much so I’ve been forced to use my Spanish a lot this past week! He always seems sad so I’ve just been always trying to help him and lighten the mood and the car rides are pretty quiet. It’s hard sometimes, but it’s helping me to be more loving and patient. But I'm happy that the letter got to grandma and that you were all able to enjoy that! It's pretty easy to write in Spanish. It's a lot harder for me to speak it, but each day I get better and better!
That's crazy that Michael Boyd is leaving so soon! Congrats for him! Also congrats for Michael Biggs! Time goes by so fast when you aren't counting down, haha I can't believe he is already home! That's sweet that Chris got a new boat! That is something that I have been missing about the summer but it's all good! Tell Allison to keep on trying to water ski because it is so much fun when you can get up! I can't wait to see my missionary plaque in our ward’s Missionary wall!!
Okay thanks for sending my birthday package! I can't wait to get it! Yesterday was really crazy when I saw Sister Day's parents! They are so nice and I’ll for sure get in contact with them about my cookies!! Sometimes I have hard days, but there are always these moments that makes me so happy! When I see a happy family walking the street I just get so happy because it reminds me of our family!
Mom how have you been doing?  Dad, those pics of Tibble Fork are so insane and awesome! It blows me away! You look like you have lost some weight so Congrats dad and keep biking! I'm glad you are having fun while doing it!
Man what a week! It was pretty stressful and hard but Heavenly Father helped us so it went pretty smooth! Monday after emails, we went to a donation store and since I didn't have a pillow I bought a temperpedic pillow for only 3 bucks! I've been sleeping very well! Oh, while we were cleaning our car, I was vacuuming and my tie got stuck in the vacuum! So I pulled it out and the tie was all frayed and ruined haha but no worries...I was able to fix it!
My desk
Tuesday we had our "last supper" with the ZL's before transfers. One is from New Zealand (the North Island) he's still our zone leader right now and he's way cool. But the other Elder, Elder Vete (from Tonga) was getting transferred so he cooked us some way good food! Then that night we were supposed to go to the Visitor Center with Carlos but he couldn't because he had to work. Monday and Tuesday, we mainly went around saying goodbye to people for Elder Eskeets.
Wednesday was transfers! At transfer meeting I was really excited to see Elder Quiroz, but I found out that he got his visa!! He emailed me today and he said that Chiclayo is really beautiful and it's the best mission ever! Grr....I’m pretty jealous but I hope my time will come soon. I think other people that were in my MTC district got theirs as well! I wanna go...i wanna see Carlos get baptized and then I want to leave to Peru. Ah...i cant wait!! It’s going to be like getting to leave on my mission all over again! At the change conference,  I also saw Elder Seymour and Nielson and they told me that the Jimenez family still needs to get married! But I was able to text Jose (the dad) and he said he wants to be baptized and he thanked me for the tie again so I was grateful for that! After transfers, we were supposed to go to the Visitor Center again with Carlos but he never showed up because he fell asleep. He had me pretty nervous!
Thursday was pretty hard. We got lost a lot because I barely know the area and like no one was home! But we talked to this guy named Rafael. We were just asking him where someone lives and he let us in! He's kind of scary and looks like a fighter! We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he seems interested! So we shall see what happens, we will teach him tomorrow!
Friday, we thankfully got a GPS so we aren't lost anymore (: That night we taught Carlos! We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was amazing! He told us that ever since we started talking to him, he quit smoking and drinking! He seems so ready to be baptized! He's such a miracle! If I’m here, he said he wants me to do the baptism and I’m very excited! It's so cool that it’s on the same day as Paige’s anniversary! Crazy (:
Me, Carlos, Elder Duff, and Ernesto (an awesome ward member that always helps us out!)
Saturday we went by this girls Alandra's house (an investigator) and her friend was over. They're both 13 and we taught them the restoration. They both thought it was very cool and spiritual so they told us to come back on Tuesday (tomorrow) and teach them and I’m very excited!
Sunday Carlos came to church. During sacrament meeting he told us he thought he saw angels around us while we were blessing the sacrament! Isn't that insane????? But he is so awesome, he sang, asked questions, he is very involved! After church we went to the visitor center with him and we saw the Joseph smith movie and he loved it! Then on our way back, he bought us water and snacks! Tonight we are teaching him and having dinner because he wants to feed us! Yay!!! Yesterday when we were at the visitor center walking around the temple , this little kid ran up to me and he's probably 6, he asked me for my autograph and he had me take a picture with him! Haha I just love being a missionary (: it’s very special.
I'm doing pretty well out here. You’re right mom, I just need to relax. I've only been out a few months and already I have learned a lot! I just wonder how I’m doing though. I guess I’ll continue to pray about it! This past week I even started to blurt out Spanish words and forgetting English words! Haha it’s finally happening! Heavenly has blessed us all and estoy muy agradecido a tenerle en mi vida.
Well I love you all and please continue to be a great family! Hopefully I’ll be able to talk to you soon on the phone about my visa! But we'll see. Sometimes it’s hard for me because I miss everyone so much! But I try not to think about all the stuff I’ll miss out on because it makes me sad! The mission is so amazing! it really helps you to become the man that you need to be! It’s really exciting! Yeah, yesterday when that happened with that little boy, it made me really happy! I love how that I just stand out from the regular world! Everyone always asks if we get paid for doing this, and I love telling them no.  It’s such a blessing to be here! Well now I have to go. Thank you for working so hard for our family. I love you all and I can’t wait to get your package! Thanks mom....for everything.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

Yo quiero decir que te amo mucho mama. estoy agradecido por tu y que tengo la oportunidad ser aparte de nuestra familia.
ahora, es un poquito deficil por me a aprender espanol y yo se extranero mucho. pero, yo se que estoy recibiendo oraciones y bendiciones cada dio y  estas cierto, necesito ser tranquillo porque este tiempo es un bendicion por mi y necesito hacerlo con todo mi corazon!
A veces, quiero ir a peru y ser en mi propio mision. peru yo se que dios me necesita aqui en arizona y ensenar carlos y todo de nuestros investigadores! Espero que todo sera bien con El y que puedo bautizarle. Pero es acerca de dios y su plan verdad?
ayer, tuvimos cena con una familia de guatemala y estan muy amable! Siento que yo estaba a la casa de mi abuela, angie! Estaba muy feliz y estoy muy agradecido por eso.
mama, yo te extranero y gracias por todo lo que haces por mi. yo se que un dia, seramos juntos para siempre! que marvilloso, que bonito.
mama, te amo mucho con todo mi corazon y espero que estas bien.
Ames,
Elder Smith (Tu misionero, Tu Hijo)

No comments:

Post a Comment