Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I need to look at the positives!

(letter received in the mail April 1, 2013)
Dad,
The MTC is very hard (a lot harder than I thought) and for sure one of the hardest things I have ever done but it has it ups and downs. I have 2 companions because one of the Elders moved into the intermediate Spanish class. Being in a trio is good because we teach better, but it's sometimes harder to go places on time. Grandpa told me about Raintree and it's crazy! Tell Evan congrats! And way to go BYU! My classes are hard and my teachers are all super amazing! Thanks sooo much for those scriptures!! I had never read Exodus 4:10-12 before and it helped me so much. These first few days are so hard and I feel sorta alone.  Please pray for me and I'll always pray for you guys! But I'm grateful for this opportunity and I need to trust in the Lord. Dad I love you so much! I'm thankful for our family. I have learned a lot of  Spanish and a lot about this gospel so I need to look at the positives.
I love you.
He loves you.
See you soon,
Elder Smith

P.S. It's good that I keep seeing Braiden Thorpe and Ty Skousen! We have gym together. We played speed today and Ty and I were winning everybody! We are representing Lehi 26th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment