Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

He really listens to us


Family!!!!!!!! (: Gosh this past week has flown by for me! Thank goodness because the first week went by super slow! But I think it went by faster because of how busy things are here and I am settling in a lot better! it's so crazy, but super exciting at the same time!! I got your package today when I got back from the Provo Temple and thank you for sending me all of my home snacks haha (: it seriously just lit up my face and Jordan and Emily's wedding invitations are so awesome! it's probably the best one I have seen so far! they both look so great in them! I don't know if I was supposed to get the tie, but I have not gotten one yet. hopefully soon I will be able to get it (: can't wait!
Conference here at the MTC was a lot different than home. When they announced how many missionaries were out in the field, it made me feel so special to know that I was one of those missionaries! Also, every time they talked about the missionaries, I literally got chills! It was so weird though not being with you guys! I kept thinking of your amazing brunch that you always make, and how fun it must have been to be there for Toby's first priesthood session! But I am so happy for you guys! The spirit here is sooo strong and I love everything that I learn everyday! It was also cool to hear about marriage and family, it was so perfect for Jordan and Emily. My favorite talk was Neil L. Anderson's, it was the Sundays morning session. He talked about missionary work and it made me so happy and excited for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord for 2 years.

That is so crazy about Riley! Please if you get the chance, tell him that I will be praying for him and that he is in my thoughts! I hope his surgery goes well. I just love that kid. So, Ty and Brett left this week to their missions and I was able to give them one last hug as they lined up to go on the bus to the airport! It was so amazing to see them and talk with them. I know that it was really a blessing for me to be here at this time because I really needed that! Also, Chris Coca's classroom is right next to mine so I am able to see him every day (: I don't see Ryan Bell as much but he seems so happy and focused! It's cool to see everyone from Lehi! I can't wait to see Garret Bolles today! haha I should be able to spot him out quite easily!

My favorite scripture for my missionary plaque is Alma 26:12 and it talks about not boasting of myself, but boasting of Heavenly Father. 

MOM THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THOSE LEMON TARTS!!! oh my gosh it made me so happy to be able to eat that during conference weekend. I loved it, and so did my companions (: PDay is so wonderful and it's so nice to kind of relax for a bit, even though we still have class from 6-9 tonight. Laundry was surprisingly easy haha I was kind of stressed to do it for the 1st time but its super easy here (: Also, we went to do an endowment session to the Provo temple this morning and I was surprised of how small the celestial room was but it was really pretty! I was expecting the inside to look a lot older but It was still cool!

We have no idea of when our visas are coming! We did hear of some Elder that got his visa last week and he's going to the Lima mission. So I just heard something amazing! on our way to go do laundry we met these sister missionaries going all over in Peru! they said that one sister that is going to Chiclayo got her visa yesterday at 5 pm! and she left this morning at 5 am! isn't that exciting? I guess I could get mine pretty soon I hope and leave there(: the only thing is that she sent her visa stuff in January while some other sister said that they  sent her visa stuff in November. so I guess it doesn't really matter when you sent it in! but it's cool to see that I could leave!
  We all keep saying that we don't feel that we will go to the MTC there. Which is kind of okay for me because I am learning so much Spanish and so much gospel knowledge here anyway (: I just want to go to Peru on time but I know it's up to the lord.  but yeah I did see Tanner Boyack haha it was sweet, but that's sooooo funny and soooo mean what he did to his class haha what a good joke (:

Speaking of jokes, me, Elder Winward, and another Elder from our district, Elder Murdock, going to Arequipa Peru, we pranced Elder Quiroz last night haha we just did the good ole fashion shaving cream on his face and made him itch it all over! it was super funny! Elder Quiroz is kind of the person that we mess around with but he knows we are joking and we all love each other (: it really feels like I am supposed to be here! And my call is really inspired!

Some cool and funny experiences I had this week:
-One night, after gym, we came back to our room and realized that none of us had our key and so we were locked out of our room. So on our way to the front office to get a key, we saw some ducks walking on the MTC campus, so me and Elder Winward looked at each other for about 2 seconds, and then looked back at the ducks and started to run at them! hahaha we both were so close to catching them in our bare hands! Elder Winward about caught one of the ducks while it was flying! I just love all of our funny experiences with each other (:
-One cool experience I had was just while we taught a new fake investigator. My Spanish is really increasing and I was able to say everything I needed to. Although I am nowhere near close  to understanding all of the lessons, my Spanish is coming along very well and I am able to remember many words and I know it's because of the lords help and his love for the missionaries (: I am also able to feel the spirit so strongly in our lessons! even though it is in Spanish!
-Also, almost every day we go to the gym and I dominated! I made like every 3! it was so much fun to play with Braiden and Ty (: ill sure miss seeing Ty here but it's so exciting to think that he is in Chile right now!
Representing the Lehi 26th ward: Elders Smith, Bartholomew, and Skousen!
I'm soooo glad I was able to be in the MTC with one of my very best friends, Braiden Thorpe.
Look who I saw right when he got here! Gotta love Garrett Bolles!
-I am also able to pray and bare my testimony quite well in Spanish! I just love it! Things have gotten so much better here and I really feel happy! I was also able to eat the chicken cordon bleu that Jordan was talking about and he was right, it's the best thing here, besides Sunday ice cream day (:
-I hope you all have such a wonderful day and know that I love you and I pray for you! keep working hard at everything you do and just ask heavenly father for help if you are feeling down because he really listens to us.

Yo se que Jesucristo es mi salvador. Yo se que la iglesia es la verdadera iglesia en la tierra. Yo se que Padre Celestial escuchars a nos. Yo se que Jose Smith fue a profeta de Dios. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es a profeta de hoy. Estoy agradecido por mi family y por Jesucristo y por ustedes amor para me. Yo se que el libro de mormon es la palabra de Dios y es muy importante. Yo se que el Espiritu Santos es mi amigo y que el Espiritu Santos ayudame. Yo se que tiemplo y misionaro trabajar es muy importante por nuestro vivas. Estoy agradecido por mi oportunidad a ser a misionero. Gracias por todo hace por mi. Te quiero mucho mucho. En el nombre de jesucristo amen.
(I'm sorry if my grammar isn't good, they haven't really taught us anything about that yet)
Have an amazing week everyone and just know I'm doing amazing!
I love you. He loves You. See you Soon.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment