Peru Chiclayo Mission - March 2013-2015


Monday, December 8, 2014

El 26 de Lehi Ward beats all!


"Paneton" A famous fruitcake here that's actually not too bad.
 
We don't have a knife, so I'm using my machete.
 
Wow you guys sure did have a spiritual week and that makes me so happy. I think that we can all say that we have been impacted from all the bishoprics that we have had in the past. They are all men who are really called of God. Lehi 26th Ward beats all. (: Even though the name of the ward doesn't really do it justice. Here in Peru they always ask me what the name is of my ward. I always have to say "El 26 de Lehi" and they are always like, " Que!?" Haha I just have to explain that there are many wards in Lehi.

Wow Allison, how about you embarrass both me and Jordan and graduate before both of us? Haha just kidding. Congratulations. I hope that you will be able to help me with my math and assignments because I have forgotten quite a bit!!! But that will be fun to have us all in the same college. Just like the good ole days. Carpools anyone?
 
Yesterday we were actually able to go to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional because it was broadcast to the world. I couldn't really hear though because we sat in the back and everyone was talking in the back rows. But I can definitely say that when the choir sang, ¨Oh come let us adore Him¨ I could really feel the spirit and Elder Manley and I turned to each other and we said how nice it was to actually hear Christmas music. Here in Peru there aren't any lights on the houses. But some people have trees and little Nativity Sets. Oh by the way, I bought a little Nativity Set for you Mom. But it's not that big. Just a little one. But yeah that song was amazing!!! I love Christmas.

I got Jordan's and Emily's package that they sent out to me and thank you sooooooooo very much for the football!!!! Elder Manley and I throw it around in our little room and we are trying to wake up even earlier to go outside and throw it around. The little kids in the street run up to us and they want to throw it around. I threw it to a kid and when he saw it coming at him, he jumped out of the way because he thought it was going to hurt him. So it's fun to teach the kids in the street how to play real football and run around with them with the football. Also thank you so much Sarah and Jessie and kids, Pam and Dan and kids, and Bryan, and Jordan for all the kind letters. You guys really made my day. Everyone seems all grown up now and it'll be fun to see all of you again!!!

Not much happened this past week. We have been able to find new Less Active members to teach so that they can get rescued. We plan on rescuing a 20 year old girl named Rosa. She is studying here in Chiclayo and she has been coming to church for about a month straight. We just need to finish the lessons. We are also teaching a 22 year old man named Saul. He hasn't come to church for about 5 months because of his studies. He was baptized last year and we look forward to helping him.

We were able to read Mosiah 24 with Angeles and Noeli. That seemed to help them a lot because it talks about Alma and the people escaping from the Lamanites and Amulon. We applied that to their situation and that they need to have patience. In the verses of 12 and 13 it explains how they poured their hearts to God because they couldn't pray out loud and that God heard them and told them to be patient. So we are hoping to find them a new home soon. But they have to stay for the month of December because they already paid rent. But we will keep praying for them.

Man this past week the power went out quite a bit and we don't even know why. But it was annoying because there was absolutely no light so we had to cut the nights short since it gets like 15 times more dangerous. The people seem to rob more when there is no light. But nothing happened to us. 

This is the last week of the change. Sunday we will find out if one of us has a change. We really are hoping that we don't though because we really want to have a baptism together and we want to spend Christmas together. On Thursday our zone is heading to the office to have a Christmas Party with President and Sister Williams and some other zones. We are dang excited.
I love you. He loves you.
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment